The Button Shortcode is a very useful shortcode that helps you add nicely styled buttons to your website without the help of a plugin.
The button shortcode has multiple behaviours:
- Link: The link (href=””) attribute determines if the button should be clickable or not, you can specify a URL to which the button will go to when clicked, the button will automatically have a hyperlink attached to it. If this attribute is not set, the button will not be hyperlinked or clickable.
- Link Content: The linkcontent=”” attribute represents the text of your button, this must be set for the button to display correctly.
- Class: The class=”” attribute is used for styling purposes, it can be set to anything as long as the class does not exist in the CSS. If in doubt, leave empty.
- ID: The id=”” is used for styling OR anchoring purposes, remember to always use one unique ID per page! If in doubt, leave empty.
- Target: The target=”” attribute specifies if the button should open the link in a new tab or not when clicked.
- Relationship: The rel=”” attribute represents the HTML relationship attribute, which can have multiple values. More information here. If in doubt, leave empty.
[​nyvo-button href="" linkcontent="" class="" id="" target="" rel=""]Button Text[/nyvo-button]